My Summer

2026年9月13日日曜日

English

t f B! P L

This summer was filled with experiences that I will never forget, especially climbing Mount Fuji and travelling through all four prefectures of Shikoku. Both journeys allowed me to see a different side of Japan, experience its natural beauty and culture, and create memories that I will treasure for a long time.

Climbing Mount Fuji alone felt less like a challenge and more like the fulfillment of a dream I had carried since I was a child. There was a quiet beauty in making the journey by myself. Although solitude can sometimes feel lonely, on that mountain it felt freeing, giving me the opportunity to focus on every step and appreciate the experience at my own pace. The climb was not always easy, and there were moments when I felt tired and wondered how much further I had to go. However, continuing upward and eventually reaching the summit made the experience even more meaningful.



Watching the sunrise from the summit was one of the most beautiful and unforgettable experiences of my life. As the first light appeared, the sky slowly changed colour, and I could see the clouds stretching out below me. Standing above the clouds made me feel both very small and deeply connected to the world around me. After spending so much time climbing in the darkness, seeing the sunrise made all the effort feel worthwhile. It reminded me that some dreams are worth waiting for and working toward, and that sometimes the most meaningful journeys are the ones we take on our own. Climbing Mount Fuji was not simply about reaching the top; it was about proving to myself that I could accomplish something I had dreamed about since childhood.





Visiting all four prefectures of Shikoku was another experience that I will never forget. During my journey, I was able to see beautiful mountains, rivers, and landscapes that I had never experienced before. Driving through Shikoku was especially memorable because the roads took me through places where I could enjoy the natural beauty of Japan from a completely different perspective. Some of the views I saw while driving are images that I know I will remember for the rest of my life.




I was also fortunate enough to experience many different 祭り (まつり) throughout my journey. Seeing these festivals gave me a chance to experience the local culture and traditions of Shikoku. Each place had its own unique atmosphere, and it made me realise how much history and culture can be found outside Japan’s more famous cities.





Another memorable part of my journey was the food. Each prefecture had its own local specialities, and trying different foods made the trip even more enjoyable. From Sanuki Udon in Kagawa to other local dishes and ingredients, I was able to experience how food can reflect the culture and character of each region. Eating local food also gave me a chance to discover parts of Shikoku that I might not have noticed otherwise.




Even though population decline is a serious issue in many parts of Shikoku, I felt that the people there were closely connected through their communities. The festivals, local food, and traditions seemed to bring people together and create a strong sense of belonging. Seeing this made me realise that even when a community becomes smaller, its connections can become even more meaningful.




I feel that not many people know about this side of Japan. When people think about Japan, they often think about Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, or other major cities. However, my journey through Shikoku showed me that there is another side of Japan filled with beautiful nature, traditional culture, delicious food, and strong communities.





Looking back, I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to experience these places for myself. Climbing Mount Fuji and travelling through all four prefectures of Shikoku gave me memories that I will treasure for years to come. These experiences reminded me that Japan has so much more to offer than the places we usually hear about. From standing above the clouds on Mount Fuji to driving through the mountains and rivers of Shikoku, my summer gave me the chance to experience Japan in ways I had never imagined. It was a summer of adventure, discovery, and personal growth, one that I will never forget. 



Translate

Applications

入學募集要項

Popular Entries / 人気の記事

KICL Official Homepage

Facebook

QooQ