Life in Kyoto As a Japanese Language Student

2014年7月1日火曜日

English

t f B! P L


Thinking Of Studying At KICL?

                 Hallo.
                   If you're reading this, you're probably thinking of coming to Japan and studying here at KICL. If so, you probably want to know what you're getting into before making the final decision. This is a post that will hopefully help you with that decision. It's not my intention to make the following sound like an advertisement, but I really like it here, so it may end up sounding that way. 

                   Firstly, a little bit about the school. We're located in a university, so you'll have lots of opportunities to talk to and make friends with young Japanese people. You can join clubs or circles, use the library, hang out at the cafeteria; essentially, you get to experience uni life in a Japanese locale. Our school’s pretty unique in that aspect. 


                   If you’ve never been to this country before, life in Japan may seem very different to you. I personally feel that there isn't much to worry about. Sure, you'll have to remember particular things, like sorting your inflammable and non-flammable garbage, but it’s not that difficult. Like most things, if you do it enough, you get used to it. 

                   Kyoto has 4 distinct seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. My favourite time of year so far has been Autumn. The temperature’s just right, and the scenery’s breathtaking. Kyoto isn’t a large city like Osaka or Tokyo, but it isn’t exactly a small town either, so the austere beauty of this season is accentuated by a very unique backdrop; part of it resembles a city, and part of it resembles what the Japanese call inaka, or countryside.

 
                   However, more than Autumn, people probably associate Spring and its cherry blossoms with Japan. Spring is a blessing for many after the really cold months of Winter. I feel differently, though, since I got to experience my first snowfall. I wish Winter had lasted a bit longer! 

                   Spring is when Kyoto gets really crowded. Kyoto is perhaps the most popular tourist destination in the entire country, so people flock to the city every year like there’s no tomorrow. It’s not hard to understand why. Kyoto is a veritable cornucopia of Japanese culture; from geisha to shrines, pretty much every major aspect of Japanese culture has some footing in the former capital.


                   Everyone has a different experience in Kyoto. My words are a just a reflection of the time I’ve spent here so far. But, I feel like I made a very good decision in deciding to come here. My Japanese has improved significantly, I’ve made some good friends, and I’ve had some great experiences so far. In addition to being a wonderful place to live in, there is a whole host of things to see and do in Kyoto. If you decide to join us at KICL, I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon.

Translate

Applications

入學募集要項

Popular Entries / 人気の記事

KICL Official Homepage

Facebook

QooQ