Kyoto Arigatou

2018年8月1日水曜日

English

t f B! P L


Looking back at my time in Japan, I can say that it's been a tumultuous adventure – albeit, one of the most rewarding experiences I've had thus far. I remember my first day in Kyoto, I didn't know much about Japanese culture and could barely read Hiragana. Kyoto buses were confusing and Google maps didn't help much either. Somehow I made my way to the school, and already there were some new students waiting anxiously. I guess we were all excited yet confused about what our lives would be like. I think I met one of my best friends on that day (I didn't quite remember until she told me a year later). For the first semester, I decided to live in the school dorm, Shugakuin Global House.  Living in a dorm has its perks – you meet and bond with dorm mates instantaneously, it's close to school, and you could even practice speaking Japanese with Japanese students from the university. I was placed in the lowest level class (初級1). Learning without any knowledge of the language was challenging yet exciting. We weren't afraid to make mistakes and the teachers had to be silly and act things out. I attended three semesters and went from 初級1(Beginner 1)  to 中級2(Intermediate 2). It's amazing looking back and realizing how much one can learn in such a short amount of time. I passed the JLPT N2 and worked in Kyoto for a year after school ended. Learning a new language and living in a foreign country is life changing, however, it is incomparable to the people I've met and the experiences we shared. Being a student at KICL, I've made a lot of good friends from different parts of the world – we studied and ate together, contemplated life and did nothing by the river together, we cried and laughed with each other. We became a little dysfunctional family and I'm truly grateful our lives had crossed in such a breathtaking place.






Studying for the final exam.

















A bunch of bananas for Halloween.








              
 
 Good ol' Karaoke.









 
   Chilling by the river.




Translate

Applications

入學募集要項

Popular Entries / 人気の記事

KICL Official Homepage

Facebook

QooQ